Friday

Sick of being Sick!

Sorry I haven't written so long! I've been holed up in my room a lot this week trying to shake off not feeling good. Yesterday I stayed home from school because I felt so terrible. I've had head and stomache aches, a cough, and a sore throat - blah! The good news was that I read the better part of the fifth Harry Potter book. It's crazy - This is my third time to read the series, but I notice more and more details each time I read through it. My family was really nice - they brought me breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed. I couldn't figure out how to relay to them how thankful I was. I mostly just said 'Gracias' a lot. Maybe I can make them a card hehe. This morning I woke up feeling no better, but had to go to class anyways to take an exam. It was tough, but I think I did okay. As the day went on, I started feeling a bit better, so that is good. Otherwise I would have skipped the internet café and gone straight home to bed.

If I still feel okay tomorrow, Melissa and I will probably go to the zoo, and maybe go see some museums after that. There's supposed to be a free play or musical (can't remember which) that we might go to also. Fun fun! Sunday is Father's day, and a lot of the museums let people in free! I think they just do that every Sunday though. I'm thinking about getting my Chilean papá a loaf of bread because of an inside joke that we have. His family is always picking on him for how much bread he eats, and for getting crumbs everywhere. So, I nicknamed him El Rey de Pan (the King of Bread).

This week was a tough one for me. It was rainy and cold for two days straight, which in addition to being sick, made one unhappy Alli. Plus, the fifth Harry Potte book is depressing. Oh well, the sixth is way cooler. The good news about the rain was that it cleared up a lot of the smog. This morning, the sky was a beautiful blue! However, by the time we left, we could already start seeing a little bit of smog on the horizen. So sad! The contamination level of the air is a lot lower, so that will probably help me to feel better faster. Woohoo!

Well, gotta get going. It's almost time for lunch! Woohoo! I have tried some of the most interesting things here - for example, hot dogs are served with guacamole and mayonaise, and I had a bowl of bean soup with a fried egg on top. Not bad, just different from what I am used to! Wonder what I will eat for lunch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you've been sick! Tell you family that I said "thank you" for taking such good care of you. Hope things look up soon!
Love ya!

pjacobs51 said...

Happy Solstice day, Winter for you, Summer for us. Or you can just take your pick. If it's to much of a shock when you get off the plane in Missouri we can provide you with a wheelchair, he he ;)

Love ya
Dad