Friday

Really REALLY Sick of being Sick (This time I mean it!)

Sorry I haven't written in such a long time. I haven't really had the chance to use the internet much because I am still sick. (By the way, sorry in adcance for typos - I am typing with gloves on which is kind of hard, but it's better than being cold!) I missed class twice this week, and made myself go the other three days because the material we are covering is pretty complex. I've had the worst cold of my life - most of you are probably thinking, "She just has a cold? That's it?" but you can only imagine! It's been a cycle of headaches, stomach aches, fevers, and of course all of the cold symptoms. First, it was just headache, stomach ache, sore throat, and cough. That calmed down, but then I had a runny nose - wait, thzat's an understatement - my nose turned into a faucet of mucus. Plus, my eyes kept watering, so I had red, puffy, swollen eyes and looked like my aunt just died or something. After blowing my nose so many times, my nose started to peel and I got three cold sores on my mouth, and - didn't know this was possiblew - a HUGE cold sore on my right nostral. Grossest thing I've ever seen! I am sorry that I am complaining so much -I have just been so miserable. Plus it's been cold and rainy and miserable and I have spent most of my time in bed trying to recooperate.

Melissa and I were going to go skiing or to Isla Negra this weekend, but seeing as we haven't been super healthy, we can't. Maybe we can go see some museums or something. Last weekend we were able to go to the zoo, which was pretty fun. They had porcupines, polar bears, penguins (out in the open - didn't even need a special refridgerated room!), seals, camels, mountain goats, reindeer, and a whole bunch of monkeys! I liked the orangatanes (spelling?) the best - those are the ones with the pink butts, right? They were so funny! They kept picking each other's butts and eating whatever it is they found. One of them had a little baby, too which was cool. The zoo is on this mountain/hill thing (called a cerro I think) on which you can ride special elevator-type things up the mountain (like the ones you ride at Silver Dollar City in the caves) and then you can also go down the mountain in these bubble-like ski lift things. Sorry for the lack of vocabulary - I know the words in Spanish but not in English.

Sorry for being so negative, but I am just down in the dumps and ready to come home. I am sure Chile is fun and beautiful during it's summertime, but it sure is miserable in the wintertime. Just a little over a week and I will be home! I will try to prepare myself for 90 degree weather if you allo can prepare yourselves for a really really pale Alli.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep trying to leave a comment, but it keeps freaking out on me and doesn't let me post!

We're all thinking about you and look forward to seeing you soon! Hope you are feeling much better--
jenn