Saturday

Play That Funky Music White Boy

Okay, so the title of this entry has nothing to do with anything except that I have that song stuck in my head! Sorry for being such a downer the last entry. I am in much higher spirits! I am still sickly, but Melissa is feeling better, and I am sick of sitting in my room. So, we are out and about today. My family is making PAELLA for lunch! Woohoo! After that, we are going to do a little bit of shopping - I am looking for some pajamas that my little sister here has that are fabulous! I don't know what they are called, but they are the kind that toddlers wear that have the footsies attached and the shirt attached and everything. Yes, they make them for grown-ups too! Then tonight, we got invited to a fiesta that we might go to. Tomorrow, we will probably pretend to be tourists again (haha I guess we're not really pretending though...)

Melissa and I were talking today about remedies for sicknesses that different cultures prescribe. For example, in the States, we usually eat chicken noodle soup, Sprite, and saltine crackers when we are sick. Does Sprite really help? I don't know. Here, they want you to drink hot tea with lemon, plain burnt toast, plain noodles, and plain chicken. Oh, and we cannot forget the healing powers of our dear friend Coca Cola. Someone in our class from Germany says that when they have colds, they sleep with dirty socks around their necks, which is supposed to somehow absorb the cold. I am sure other cultures vary as well!

I spent some good quality time in the apartment yesterday. It was FREEZING and raining and yucky out, so I wore three pairs of socks, a long sleeve shirt, sweater, fleece pull-over, and another sweater over that. Then, I was still cold so I crawled underneath my blankets and took a little nap. I have lots of layers of blankets, which is fabulous! Sheets, a fleece blanket, a comforter folded in half (like having two more blankets) and a comforter over that. After that, I had some hot tea and watched some Chilean sitcoms. Oh, and I watched Threes Company Too in Spanish! Fun stuff! I love watching American television in Spanish. Very entertaining!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So have you even TRIED dirty socks around you're neck?